Friday, August 28, 2009

So True

Friend of mine sent me a meditation for the day and this line is sooo right on!

"Happiness cannot be sought directly; it is a by-product of love and service".

Good perspective for my day as pressures of responsibility try to push in upon me. As I tend to grab and take more for my own happiness when things get hectic, I usually end in selfishness and alone with the things I had grabbed for, left empty of what really feeds my soul. "It is better to give than to receive" is not just a virtue to live by, but is actually true about the nature and the fabric of how relationships with everything in our lives have been made.

I hope these words can be living in all I do!

Other News:
Ramble this weekend and then...

Skipping first three days of school to take a long awaited, much needed, vacation in what I like to call the U.P. of U.P. Michigan.

Just so happens this is also happening!

Then back home to catch up on classes.

WOW, if I were doing Cheq. 40 I would be racing every weekend through Oct. 18th, just that one weekend off from here till then. I don't like fire roads much anyways, and I gotta learn Spanish....and I need some time away from all you lactate junkies once in a while.

No comments: