Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Modifications and adaptation

This is where life is at right now, adapting to circumstances and modifying the plans which are under my control to what changes around me that is out of my control.  Kind of like watching things unfold in the Tour Down Under this year.

Radioshack switching up tactics as they have McEwen and Hunter on board and not much focus on an overall down in the TDU.  Or like HTC putting their hopes in Goss as he took the first day in the Crit and now the 1st stage and has the  ability to make it through big elevation changes well.  It is about adapting and modifying…

Got real sick two weeks ago and could not train the entire time...so start over.  I had the first base period done but it looks like I am going to the April Pro XCT events and not the March, so I see it as Divine Coaching… 

We needed to downsize on the expenses of life so we moved back into my duplex and out of the house we were renting.  We donated and threw out so much needless stuff and now I actually like our smaller place much better and find it much more manageable with 3 kids  romping around with limited space to terrorize instead of an entire house…

First day of school today and the schedule is modified and my body needs to adapt as I start into Base training while attending school full-time…

A New Team on the horizon…will have official announcement in a week or two..

Modify and adapt, all goals in life require us to change to the circumstances we receive and use them to best reach the goal in mind….Just like in a group sprint or intense mountain bike race, I adjust myself to where others position themselves to get the best result possible, or I adjust position and speed to get the fastest line through a technical descent to reach the goal of the fastest time possible.  My life is a race and I will adapt to receive the best possible result.  Cool thing is I have amazing people on my “team”.  Just like how Renshaw  provides a little reprieve from the headwind so too family, friends, supporters have provided reprieve in a hard headwind…

And there are some who are even willing to fight for my cause and put in a headbutt here and there!

Thanks you so much to everyone who has helped over the last two weeks as  they have been very hard and without your help I would probably be sicker and still trying to move while being so…and thank you to all those who are supporting us and helping in the coming year!  We love you and adore our shared passion and relationships.  On to the goal of obtaining the prize while doing all in excellence to the glory of God.

No comments: