Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dopers


I totally Love this commercial!
The other take back the tour one is cool too. Maybe I will get that up here.

a few Challenges...
Name riders being focused on in each scene.
Are they all dopers?
What were they caught for?
Year they were caught?
If your really bored and wanna show how much of a tour buff you are include the year and stage of the scenes of riders.

Also I would love to hear peoples opinions of the commercial. I am assuming the shorter one on TV is due to cost, but some people are saying its because not all the people featured here are dopers?
All for fun and my own interest.

In the riding world, I just came off a rest week or transition week as some call it, no riding and lots of rest. Time to build another peak. Started off with the sat. morning doc ride with kyle and Lindsay today. It was fast and pretty hard efforts, especially when I waited for a guy who flatted and me and 2 other riders pulled a group of 6, that were nice enough to wait back, up to the group. I did a lot of work at the front and it hurts to walk down stairs now. Guess I got a muscular endurance and anaerobic ride out the way for the week.
Found my camera so should have more pics for you guys now. Eventually gonna get to this tag thing holly marked me for, I think to much when it comes to stuff like that...
Thanks for reading,
Nathan

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

Not in order but I saw:

Hamilton
Ulrich
Riis
Basso
Landis
Rasmussen
Zabel
Pantani
Millar

They all are dopers or they admitted doping except for Rasmussen and Pantani.

Rasmussen could not account for his whereabouts before last years tour and was suspended.

Pantani had a high hemocrit level in the Giro in 1999? but was never official found guilty but was always under suspicion after that. He died from a Cocaine overdose a few years ago.

Hamilton was caught blood doping and was part of the Puerto scandal. He now rides for the ex-dopers team Rock racing.

Ulrich is and was under suspicion in the Puerto scandal. He's now getting fat and holding onto his only Tour victory in 1997, in which he was probably doping since he was riding as Riis' protege at the time.

Riis admitted doping for his 1996 Tour win. Best Tour moment ever: Riis had a horrible time trail in the 97 tour and threw his bike into the bushes. Look for it on Youtube, awesome.

Basso was part of the Puerto scandal and admitted that he was "planning" to dope but never did. Discover decided to sign him to deal anyway and that's when that team became a joke.

Landis was using testosterone (not his own). Dude tried to say the tests were messed up and they were faulty but he still somehow had someone or something else's testosterone in his system...duh.

Zabel admitted using EPO during his time at T-mobile in the late 90's. He was a very dominate sprinter at that time.

Millar was caught for EPO a few years ago and was one of the few to admit it right away and pay his dues without whining.

The only two riders still racing the tour are Millar and Zabel. Riis is now the Team Director for CSC.

I watch the Tour way too much. I'm glad to see the commercials. At least they are calling them out.