Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sheboygan Re-Cap, Marathon Woman, and Iceman is Cometh soon

 

Things got really busy after racing the last WORS race in Sheboygan.  So I been MIA for a bit.  I led the race for the first lap and then Mikey Phillips took over and I let a gap open up  on the equalizer, I never ride that thing right…

sheboygan 2010

He laid down some power and opened up a 5-10 second gap, I thought it was manageable until I crashed hard chasing in the singletrack.

sheboygan 2010-2Riding lame…

Rode pretty lame for a while after that and Darrin came back to me.  Rest of the race was me and him trading pulls.  I got away a few times, but he would always come back.  Thought I could get away again, but he made the move first when lap traffic started to get 5 bodies deep and that was it, traffic was insane and it created gaps that were not closable.  3rd on the day and best Sheboygan finish, I was happy with it, but a bit disappointed in my fitness and racing tactics/skills.  I had been riding out a peak for about 6 weeks and it finally caught up with me here I think.

sheboygan 2010-3How I felt about that one afterwards…

Since Sheboygan I rode myself into the ground trying to regain some base, got really sick, laid in bed for 3 days, lost 7 pounds…checking power the last few weeks and its looking good, so maybe a forced rest was what I needed.

Lindsay did a marathon last weekend.  All the sudden she decided to do this half-marathon back in September with a few weeks notice.  She did it with no problems…Then she talks to Darrin and Lynn about finishing that and they say Lynn is doing a half-marathon in October in the Dells, and that there is a WHOLE marathon too.  Lindsay started training for the WHOLE marathon with a little over a month to go but did not register till week of the event.  Well it ended up being reported as the hilliest course anybody had ever run that we talked to after.  This was the events first year and I think they took a lot of people by surprise. 

PA240545

but she finished and said “I used to think marathon runners were crazy people, now I am one of the crazy people” and then on the way home “ I am done…I just want to do the dishes, clean my house, take care of the kids, and hand you water bottles…”We laughed about that for a very long time and still are and I said her brain was glucose deficient…

PA240548At the finish line…

Got into Iceman, I really like the director, laid back and easy to talk to kind of guy.  Never seen so much talent for a triple crown race before…the entire Trek 29er team is signed up along with T. Wells and along with all the local favorites.  Gonna be a battle out there, I am hoping for 50 degrees + though…never done so many lt’s in a two week period…hope it pays off! Driving up solo, think I am sleeping in parking lot…thank God for Grandpa’s conversion van.

WORS season wrap-up and Iceman report together…

2 comments:

Sasq said...

Nathan, I have a couple of sweet pics of you from the Iceman finish. What's the best way to get them to you?
Julia K (the jacket lady :) )

Unknown said...

Nathanguerra@hotmail.com