Saturday, October 24, 2009

Absent

My apologies for not showing at the awards banquet tonight. 

First of all I would be flying solo and a 5 hour two-way drive by myself tonight is not exactly what I would call fun. 

Then I would be at a awards banquet where I am recognized for my accomplishments, and although I highly value the racing community, all my friends in it and their recognition/encouragement/camaraderie, the people who I matter the most to and who matter the most to me would be missing me at home and not be able to share that moment with me, which would feel awkward. 

I love the banquets and try not to miss them.  I really wanted to be a part of it to enjoy and support the community.  I actually feel kinda bad for not going, but I just would have a hard time enjoying myself knowing I left the family at home and riding solo.  I really do feel like I am should be there, just torn with life commitments and time.

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH Darrin for picking up the prizes for me!  You are by far one of the best friends I have found in this sport and I appreciate you so much!

2 comments:

Darrin & Lynn said...

Hey thanks Man! This is truely a great sport with good people. I feel the smae and am glad to have you as a friend also. We can still chum it up even though the season is over.

Gabor Csonka said...

Hi,

Congrats on your family!
You have beautiful kids!
Have all the excuse to stay home....
We just bumped into your blog as old racing mates
Gabor, Bogi